King Charles says law must take its course after Andrew’s arrests

image

In the United Kingdom Thursday, King Charles carried on with his royal duties, attending an event for London’s fashion week, but not responding to the question on everyone’s mind.

As he got out of the car, multiple reporters shouted questions to him, asking for a response to his brother’s arrest. (TNND)

As he got out of the car, multiple reporters shouted questions to him, asking for a response to his brother’s arrest.

His brother, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly Prince Andrew, had already been stripped of his royal title and forced to move out of the Royal Lodge, but was now reportedly arrested, over allegations of misconduct in public office, likely stemming from his time serving as a British Trade Envoy and accusations he shared confidential information with Jeffrey Epstein.

Here is a written statement from King Charles:

I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.

What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.

Andrew, for years, was connected to Epstein, including claims by victim Virginia Giuffre, who has since passed away, that she was trafficked to then-Prince Andrew, who sexually abused her, which he has denied.

Following his arrest, Marina Lacerda, a Jeffrey Epstein survivor. applauded the news.

“I gotta say it’s amazing and it’s really, really something that all the survivors have been looking forward and working towards,” she said.

But the arrest is believed to be tied not to his treatment of women and girls, but to accusations of unlawfully sharing information.

In one email, he sends along a ” confidential brief” to Epstein on investment opportunities in Afghanistan.

It was included in the recent release of the Epstein files by the Department of Justice.

Also swept up in allegations is billionaire and former Victoria’s Secret CEO Les Wexner, who has denied any wrongdoing.

He was questioned on Wednesday in Ohio by Capitol Hill lawmakers.

After, Rep. Robert Garcia, D-Calif., the ranking member on the committee, said this:

“There would be no Epstein island, there would be no Epstein plane, there would be no money to traffic women and girls; Mr. Epstein would not be the wealthy man he was without the support of Les Wexner. “

Some are contrasting Andrew’s arrest with the lack of action here at home.

In an interview with CNN, Rep. Stephen Lynch, D-Mass. said, “Look what the British government is doing in light of the evidence and look what the United States government’s doing. Nothing.”

Fallout from the Epstein files will remain front and center on Capitol Hill, with former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton set to answer questions about their ties to Epstein from the House Oversight Committee next week.