US military strikes more ISIS targets in Syria

image

U.S. Central Command announced over the weekend that the military carried out 10 strikes against over 30 ISIS targets in Syria.

“U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) forces conducted 10 strikes against more than 30 ISIS targets in Syria, Feb. 3 – 12, to sustain relentless military pressure on remnants from the terrorist network,” CENTCOM said in a press release.

Commander of CENTCOM, Adm. Brad Cooper, said that the strikes were done to ensure ISIS doesn’t regain control of Syria.

“Operating in coordination with coalition and partner forces to ensure the enduring defeat of ISIS makes America, the region and the world safer,” Cooper said, according to Fox News.

Last month, President Donald Trump said he had a good and productive conversation with Syrian President Ahmed al-Sharaa.

“All of the things having to do with Syria in that area are working out very, very well,” he said in January. “So, we are very happy about it.”

Last month, CENTOM conducted five strikes on an ISIS communication site.

“Operation Hawkeye Strike was launched in response to a Dec. 13 attack on U.S. and Syrian forces in Palmyra,” the press release reads. “The ISIS ambush resulted in the death of two U.S. service members and an American interpreter.”

“More than 50 ISIS terrorists have been killed or captured and over 100 ISIS infrastructure targets have been struck with hundreds of precision munitions during two months of targeted operations,” the release concluded.